Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Back in the saddle

I went to a "booster" session of the weight loss maintenance health study I have participated in for the last 3+ years. It was good to sit in a room and have fun debating nutrition and exercise with a lively bunch of people. It was energizing.

You need a support group to be successful at any weight loss or maintenance program. Web sites, blogs and forums are all very good, but when we're discussing bodies, there's nothing like knowing people will see you as you climb up on the scale, even if they never know what the number reads.

Being in the room of similar people, I feel like I've got new motivation to re-establish some good habits. Habits I've let slide in the last few months, resulting in a gradual weight gain.

So, I need to re-establish some goals and I'll get back to you on that. For awhile, my Joe's Goals badge might be a little empty...